Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tuesday: 3 years old

Today was Isaac's 3rd birthday.  How time flies.  He quickly picked up on the fact that he could now tell people that he was three years old.

The "terrible twos" really weren't that terrible.  However, the first day of being three was rather rough.

Here's the normal setup on picture day lately.  I put Joshua out and Isaac runs to get his blanket.

Talking - Isaac is now much easier to understand and has a wide vocabulary, although some of the sounds are still wrong when he speaks.  The odd thing thing is that my name has become "mommy" instead of "mom".  And we even get a few "daddy"s once in a while.  I'm surprised that it went that way, but maybe mommy is easier to yell. :p

Eating - Isaac loves "peanut butter jelly".  It is what he wants every day for breakfast, and every day I tell him it is a lunch food.  For dinner his favorite is chicken nuggets and tater tots, with an emphasis on the tater tots.  He is still a pretty good eater, but is still picky sometimes.  

Photos - He still loves taking pictures of all of us and hasn't quite mastered how to smile and have it look nice.


Below is a set of three that were taken in sequence.  Isaac tooted right before the first one, which always causes laughter.



Comfort objects - Isaac still asks for "wipes" (or burp clothes) when crying and they often settle him down.  He often sleeps with one too.  He also needs EE.  I sometimes forget that EE is so important, but if he isn't in bed with Isaac we will hear about it before too long.

Questions - Isaac has been asking tons of questions lately.  Some why questions, but more how/what/who questions.  "Who made this?"  "How did you make peanut butter jelly?" "What is in carrots?"  (By the way, workers make a lot of things. It satisfies him.)

Lawyering - Isaac is still good at taking me very literally.   The other day I asked him to plug something into a wall.  (It was the first time for him to do it.)  I come in the room a moment later and he tells me that it isn't working...as he tries to put the plug in some random place on the wall.  He also has a new alarm clock that has a green cover and lights up green when he can get up.  So when I asked him today if his clock was green he happily said that it was!  I'll have to watch my wording next time.

Toilet training - we're still getting closer, although we're having a few more accidents than I expected we would be having a month ago.  The good news is that he goes to the bathroom by himself more often than not.  He also probably has four out of seven days a week accident free...I don't think that the holidays helped with all of that.  Today he had an accident and completely took care of it by himself.  I noticed about two hours later that he had different pants on, so while I wish he didn't have an accident I was glad that he just dealt with it.

Joshua - Isaac is still protective of or ignores Joshua.  He calls him "Josh-E-a".  If Joshua is crying Isaac will turn on a song for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Annette B.