Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday: playground

We went to the playground with some friends today. It was perfect. The weather was lovely-cloudy, warm, windy. The other kids left soon after we got there so we had the playground all to ourselves. Isaac and the other girl chased each other well. Isaac also found out he was tall enough to do the drinking fountain by himself, but between still being short and a plugged drain he just got his shirt soaking wet. We took it off and I think he loved it.

Later in the day I asked him to water the flowers. A minute later I hear him call mom! I go over to see...the yellow daisies were starting to lose their petals and Isaac is devistated. Completely. Needless to say, I did the watering. And ate the first tomato! It was very good.

The boys declined to go to sleep at their bedtime in the car. I didn't let Isaac have a nap just so he would fall asleep and he didn't. It took him an extra 1.5 hours past his bedtime.


We're having quite the lightning show now that it is dark out. So beautiful. I wish I could take a picture if some, but alas, I can't.

1 comment:

betsy said...

How far did you make it last night? Hope the travels went well!