Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday: burritt on the mountain

Today we went to Burritt on the Mountian. The day was a bit cooler than previous days, although still hot by the time we left.

We started in the mansion, hoping we could get through it before we lost the kids. Isaac didn't make it, but the mansion was rather small. Surprisingly small for someone who was rather wealthy and for a building that is called a mansion.

We ate lunch under a magnolia tree, finishing up with freeze dried ice cream. Then we went to the back in time area. This worked really well for the kids...a bunch of interactive things and areas to run. Once I get pictures downloaded I'll talk about it more.

Nap time didn't work very well. Joshua kept waking up. He hasn't been sleeping well. And there are too many people in a small area to let me try and help him sleep better. Then after Joshua was up "for good" I kept waking up worrying that Isaac was sleeping too long. Blah.

Then we just hung out, had a good dinner, and I put Joshua down for an early bed time. Oh...the toy of the day is a cash register. Bother...I had taken a picture of Isaac with it so that these posts weren't just words but the app isn't letting me insert it right now. But the batteries ended up disappearing because the scanner was really loud.

The other funny thing was that I was telling Joshua to let go of something:

Amanda: Joshua, let go.
Amanda: Joshua, let go.
Isaac: mom, you forgot please.

We've been working on please a bit more this vacation. Guess I need to work on it more too.



No comments: