Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday: nursery

I was in nursery today.  I helped with check-in, realized that there weren't a ton of kids on the baby side, where I was officially supposed to be, and a ton of kids on the toddler side.  So I went over there and Joshua immediately starts crying.  He was being comforted by a helper from when I first put him over there and I think he would have been fine and playing in a few more minutes, but seeing me was just more than he could handle.

So I took him and we rocked.  And he was so nice and cuddly.  So we rocked some more.  The toddlers were behaving themselves very well and I wasn't needed...it even felt like there was an extra helper besides me...so we rocked some more.  Then Joshua fell asleep.  We had a weird schedule today with Bible Study, so I let him keep sleeping and rocked some more.

Church ended, I moved him to my shoulder, and we went upstairs to pick up Isaac.  He didn't really move much until I called, "Isaac," at which point it was exciting to see his brother.

I don't stop and cuddle with him like that very much.  Just sitting and enjoying, without one of us feeling like we should be doing something else.  It was wonderful.