Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday: progress

Isaac and I were doing some subtracting tonight.  "If I have 10 treats and eat 3, how many do I have?"  says Isaac.  "Seven," I reply.  Basic stuff.  Then comes the loop.  "I have five apples and eat three-quarters of them.  How many are left?" asks Isaac.  Uhh.  Math.  I'm not really prepared to do math tonight.  It's been one of those days.  Why did he have to pick five apples?  Doesn't he know that this would be an easier problem with four apples???  "Go ask your dad."  He did.  Ben broke down the math for him ("You have 20 quarter apples and take away 15 quarter apples so you have 5 quarter apples left.")  But I'm not sure if it sank in or not.


Joshua now pushes his belly button after he poops.








(I know!  Isn't it hilarious!?  He's been doing it all week.  It's a nice way to know if he needs a diaper change and good that he is starting to realize what is going on.)

No comments: