Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday: April Fool's Day

Happy April Fool's!

It started out early this morning.  Joshua decided to sleep through the night (although he did need one monitor communication telling him to go back to sleep...I didn't have to get up).  But Isaac woke up.  I found him opening the gate to the downstairs.  When I asked him what was going on he said that his alarm clock told him his bed was dangerous and that he needed to get out of bed.  I'm glad I heard him, but I'd be interested in knowing what he would have done if I hadn't.

This morning I gave Isaac a glass of jello and said it was OJ.  He rarely gets orange juice, but loves it.  

I also made a pan of brown Es and told him he could have one after lunch.  That ended up going like this...
Isaac: can I have a brownie for my treat?
Amanda: sure
Amanda opens the pan with Isaac watching.

Isaac looks at the brown Es blankly.

Amanda: what are they?
Isaac: Es
Amanda: what color are they?
Isaac: brown
Amanda: so what are they?
Isaac: paper?
Amanda: brown Es!

Isaac puts it in his mouth to try it.

Amanda:  no,no. It's a trick!  April fools!

I asked him a few other times if he wanted brown Es.  He usually figured out what was going on right away.

Ben knocked on the slider door after getting home from work.  It took Isaac and I both a while to find him and figure out what was going on.  Isaac proceeded to give him some brown Es.

No comments: