Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday: a rough day

Today was one of my more annoying days.  Let's just face it...it happens.

It felt like Isaac was four going on thirteen.  He was rather whiny and wouldn't stop asking for things even after I told him no and to stop asking.

The monitors were out and the boys love playing with them.  (It makes no sense to me either.)  But then Joshua was just getting frustrated by his side when it wouldn't power on.  There was a one minute spell when they both had them on that was kind of cool, but mostly Joshua was just really upset.

I was trying to get some work done and had four places to go today.  That's a bit more than I like, and then one of the places didn't have jean shorts for Ben and had huge lines.  So I went somewhere else, but that meant five stops.

(I went to JCPenny.  I asked a guy working in the men's section if they had any jean shorts.  He didn't seem too sure but then pointed to these.  Yeah.  Can you see Ben in those?  It turned out that there were normal jean shorts about 4 yards away, but I didn't see them until we had paid for other shorts.  So we grabbed them and got back in line.  They didn't fit.  (But the first shorts did, so we're still in business.)  While we were at JCPenny Joshua was just starting to wander off so Isaac grabbed his hand.  It was cute.  Then later, when we were in the line the second time, Joshua didn't want to hold my hand so I gave him the choice of my hand or Isaac's.  He chose Isaac's, who of course wasn't interested by that time.)


By dinner time I was done and told Isaac in no uncertain terms that he could eat off the slightly broken plate or not eat.  Ben proceeded to ask if I needed to eat alone.  I declined the offer, but did pretty much ignore everyone for the hour before bedtime as I tried to finish stuff up.

Isaac did pick a bunch of nice dandelions for me today.  It's rather sad that they wilt within hours as I do find them rather beautiful.  Oh, Isaac also really wanted me to take a picture of his milk with the cap upside down.  He asked yesterday too, so I figure it really was interesting to him.

1 comment:

betsy said...

It seems like the more that needs to be done in a day, the easier it is to feel frustrated with the kids... I totally understand those days!