Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wednesday: Critter barn, quiet day, flurry, exercise

Today's activity was the critter barn.  Isaac enjoyed it but didn't want to pet much...some of his comments made me think he didn't want to wash his hands.  After I told him he'd have to wash his hands anyway he got a bit more into it, but not as much as I had been expecting.

Joshua, on the other hand, seemed to love it!  He was a bit scared at all the noises from the big goat and sheep aisle, making a scared face I've never seen, but loved the birds and was not the one always ready to go to the next animal.


(After the picture Joshua really wanted to hold Isaac's hand but Isaac wouldn't hold Joshua's any more.  It was a bit sad.)

***
At lunch we had the following conversation:
Isaac:. Let's have a quiet day.
Amanda: OK.
Pause
I:. But we can talk.  And laugh.
A: what makes it a quiet day then?
I: well, it was a quiet second

***
Flurry's blood work came back and the vet said it was excellent, especially for an 11 year old cat.  She's probably just trying to show us who's the boss in this house, but it will backfire.  Especially as we get pills in her mouth to increase appetite.

***
We had our training day at the gym.  We have had a hard few months getting on a consistent schedule with our own exercise, so that's been a bit annoying.  Hopefully everything will calm down soon.  However, our trainer is moving away so we had the new trainer with us today too.  Ok, that wasn't all that interesting.  What is interesting is that in the time that we've been meeting with the trainer I've gained eight pounds but my body fat has gone down a bit...so I'm gaining muscle.  I was a bit surprised to get that result this week as I ate a lot at Disney, but was still happy.  It's hard to remember that muscle is better though, because I'm about at a milestone on the scale that I'd prefer to not hit.

2 comments:

betsy said...

I should try that again with my kids if we get a cooler stretch of weather. Looks like you had fun!

betsy said...

I should try that again with my kids if we get a cooler stretch of weather. Looks like you had fun!