Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wednesday/Thursday: magic kingdom

Last night Cheryl let Ben and I go out after putting the boys to bed.  We had a late supper, watched the fireworks by the castle, and then rode as many of the rides as we could.  They had extended hours for resort guests, so we had about three hours.

We made good use of them!  We weren't sure we'd stay the whole time, but we weren't up much past or normal bedtime, really.  We did the haunted mansion, a mineshaft one, pirates of the Caribbean, space mountain, seven dwarves, and the Stitch thingy.  My favorite was the seven dwarves... It was so smooth, although too short.


Today we went back.  The only ride we did again was space mountain.  But we still did a lot!  People mover, Winnie-the-Pooh (this was really cute), it's a small world, fantasmic, Peter pan, Dumbo, buzz, and a train.  It was hard to get a read on Isaac as to what he liked, although it wasn't the people mover because the dark part was to scary.  However, in the buzz ride his score was about 300 one third of the way through it and then I looked over and it was 301000!  He beat Been by about 3x, so must have hit something amazing.  Joshua liked Pooh (and Owl), and small world the most... I think.


And while we had a great time, I think we also left at just the right time.  Joshua had a small melt down in the car as we were driving home, but finally fell asleep if my hand was by his cheek.  Isaac had a headache but finally fell asleep with his head leaning forward on my hand.  (Luckily I was able to extract my hand from Joshua by then.)

Isaac asked to go to bed shortly after dinner even though he hadn't really been awake for very long, but Joshua is still awake.  I'll probably try to put him to bed soon.



2 comments:

betsy said...

Yay!!!!! So fun!!!! :)

betsy said...

Yay!!!!! So fun!!!! :)