Saturday, May 27, 2017

Friday: a comedy in review

Today was actually a pretty good day.

As we were pulling into the garage from our morning errands, I mentioned that this weekend was garage sale weekend in our neighborhood.  Isaac looked slightly shocked and said something like, "Are they going to take part of our garage?"  I thought he knew what a garage sale was, but apparently had forgotten.

So after nap time we got on the bikes and took off.  We just saw our first set, far but not too far, and were going up a little hill when "pop!"  The first thing I thought was that my bike pedal had fallen off.  Dad just put new ones on; maybe something wasn't quite right.  I looked down, and the pedal was unsurprisingly still there.  Then I realized that the pedals were spinning quite freely; the chain had broken.  I walked the bike the short distance to the garage sales.

We pushed the bikes back home.  Joshua was ready to be home and already had his shoes off by the time I realized the chain had fallen off my bike again.  I had just hung it over the middle bar and thought it was fine there.  Apparently not.  I scooped Joshua into the stroller and we started looking for it.

We got almost all the way back to the garage sales before finding it.  Ah well, I had been hoping for some exercise anyway.  We were running and walking when Isaac fell and complained that his ankle really hurt.  Isaac went in the stroller and I carried Joshua the rest of the way (about two houses worth).

Isaac seemed to be able to put some weight on it and said it only hurt medium at home, so we elevated it with a cool pack for a bit.  He started walking on it shortly after that, so thankfully everything seems to be ok.

One of the things we got at the garage sale was Mastermind.  Isaac likes to be the person that hides the pegs.  He's getting better at figuring out how to do the pegs that tell if you have a right color/location, but he isn't perfect at it yet.  Unfortunately, this game kind of needs you to be perfect at it.  I've won anyway, sometimes due to Ben's help and sometimes because I was able to guess what he did wrong.

No comments: