Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday: today

Last night I wasn't feeling great, so I went to bed quite a bit early.  This morning I still wasn't feeling great, so I put on the TV, took some ibuprofen, and hopped back into bed for an hour.  My alarm went off and I started issuing instructions (i.e., get dressed/take off your pjs) so that we could get to gymnastics.  We weren't running late by any means, but we did need to keep moving.  When I came out of my room I went to find Joshua and help him.  I started to go in his room but Isaac said, "go away Mom." and I heard things like, "Here's your sleeve."  Isaac managed to get Joshua completely dressed, and in clothes that Joshua refuses to wear for me.  I was so proud of both of them.

Later in the afternoon I was put in jail.  In my bedroom, by myself.  It was terrible.  Although I was soon joined by another cell mate, my jail keeper was rather attentive.  He brought me water, an apple, more water, and some books before telling me it was time for bed.  When it was time to wake up I got some free time outside of my cell then exercise time, and then he read me a book before bed time again.


We went downtown for Tulip Time food, a yearly tradition with Ben's family.  Unfortunately, it was cold.  I think when we left the house it was 48 deg.  And this isn't food you can eat with mittens or gloves.  So we ate but didn't stay around much longer than that as everyone was cold.

No comments: