Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday: plans

Today's plan was to go to the playground.  It's been a lovely week and the kids were wearing shorts yesterday.  Well, at 10:00, a half hour before meeting time, the temperature was 46 deg.  We pulled out the hats and mittens and went anyway.

The kids had a great time, and I did too.  I don't think anyone got too cold, although Joshua did slide into a puddle near the end.  I had some spare pants, so we got to stay a few more minutes.  Isaac found that he could made hand prints on the sidewalk with the water from the puddle, and got his mittens soaking wet.  He took off his mittens, but then had no hand protection.  Everyone left shortly after that, so the timing was good.

Isaac and I packed lunches for Kids' Food Basket.  I don't think it's his favorite thing to do, but he still does it well.  Well, except for one sack dinner that had five cookies (instead of one).

This evening I changed some plans for a large trip semi-last minute.  The boys and I were going to visit a friend from college mid-June, but then other things changed and it worked better on our side to go the beginning of June.  Luckily, that worked for her schedule too.  So now I get to see her sooner!

No comments: