Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday: quilt show

Today we went downtown again, mainly for the quilt show.  However, I also had the boys dress up in their Dutch costumes.  Neither were all that excited about it, but Isaac did it somewhat willingly and Joshua did it somewhat unwillingly.

We got there a few minutes early and went off in search of some tulips. (Joshua's expression really shows how he felt about this whole ordeal.)

Isaac started to get into it at this point.

We went looking for some more.  Joshua had just seen a bus, which is why he isn't pouting in this one.

Isaac also wanted the side with the purple tulips.  I think Joshua saw a police car and everyone was pointing at it.

I was ready to be done, but Isaac was now on a mission to be photographed with every group of tulips that we saw.

We enjoyed the quilt show.  Joshua kept asking when it would start; I think he was expecting music.  Isaac enjoyed figuring out which two he liked the most.

They also got to see how some old sewing machines worked.  And Isaac got rather excited when I said he could submit his hole quilt next year if he ever finished it.

We saw the finalists for the year's theme painting.  (I actually know the winner, so that is rather cool.)



We stopped by The Studio, a place for kids to make stuff.  It looks pretty cool; I think we'll try and go sometime.

We got out of the Arts Council and found more picture opportunities.  I felt like I couldn't tell Isaac no, since I made him get dressed up specifically for pictures.



Then Joshua escaped behind a tree and declared, "I'm in a forest!"  Finally, I got a smile from him.



Joshua also really wanted me in a picture with these large shoes.  Notice how significant parts of the costumes are now missing. :)

1 comment:

betsy said...

So cute!!!! I want to know where you got your costumes! I'm not sure if Ethan would wear one but I'd love him to dress up with Leah again next year!