Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday: donuts

This morning I talked to the boys about our options for the day.  Going outside to do some cleaning, groceries, closest beach, banana bread, biking to the playground were all options.  The boys decided on cleaning (since it was outside), groceries (for donuts), and a bike ride around the lake.

This morning we did some cleaning.  It involved water and brushes.  I gave the boys each a brush and let them have at it for about five minutes while I started more brushing elsewhere.  When I looked back at what they had done, I saw no noticeable difference.  What exactly were they doing that whole time?  Oh well.  Water.  Water is always fun.

After that we took a bike ride to the playground...Isaac changed his mind at the last minute.  I always catch my breath a bit when Isaac goes down a hill.  He loves them, but looks so unstable.  On our way home, Joshua started talking about what he wanted for lunch, as it was lunch time.

We got home and both of them looked at me like I was dumb for suggesting we go inside to have lunch instead of going to get donuts.  I told them I'd go, but there would be no complaining about being too hungry.  (They didn't.)

We made banana bread after rest time.

After dinner, Isaac wondered why we hadn't gone to the beach.  I told him that we couldn't do all the options...we had had a very busy day with the options we did choose.  For some reason this seemed to surprise him and it took him a while to wrap his head around it.

No comments: