Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday: no school

Isaac had the day off of school today, but he was rather convinced that he did have school.  He was obsessed with the fact that it was show and tell day.

So I didn't go in to help Isaac wake this morning and I was going to see what happened.  He woke up at his normal time and he and Joshua played.  Ben's alarm with off and I went out and said, "why didn't you wake me up?" Isaac said he didn't know he was supposed to...and he was rather unfazed.  He wanted breakfast, but I said he could have a graham cracker and I'd pack him a big snack.  He also got out a left over sandwich.

We hurried everyone into the cars (including Ben) and drove off.  We went to IHOP.  Ben was with Isaac, and got to break the surprise to him.  He was jumping up and down with excitement.  He got birthday cake pancakes.

I asked him what he wanted to do today and he said he wanted to go to a playground.  It wasn't really what I was expecting to do today, but it sounding much better than staying at home for another day. 

We didn't stay super long; Joshua got tired pretty quickly.  He's been getting very tired in the late mornings, but of course doesn't take a nap.  We went to the library afterwards.  (That had been my original idea for the day.  I think the other ideas ended up better.)  I was going to get just a few books for Isaac.  Then I remembered Joshua needed some more.  Before I knew it, we had more books than we normally get.

No comments: