Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tuesday: break

Today was my official day of fall break.

In the morning I went to Isaac's school to help out for a bit.  I did the sight words and letter flash cards with each child.  Isaac did well.  It was interesting to see the range of abilities, although it did make me wonder about the child in the bigger picture.  Are their parents helping them?  Are they trying really hard and just can't remember?  Are they bored with the letters and could use more words to challenge them?  I was also happy to find out that Isaac isn't the only student who hasn't picked up on many other names.

I saw the classroom a bit; in the few minutes I was actually inside it was well run.  Snack time was controlled, but not too controlled.  I saw a bit of carpet time and everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing.  So...nothing unexpected. :D

Ben and I went out for lunch.  I took a nap.  I got some work done.  It was a nice day.

No comments: