Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday: dirt and food basket

This morning I started making a new bucket for the worms.  I had some dirt left over from when I emptied the first bucket this spring.  It's good to have some initial dirt, and I thought this would be super easy to dump in.

It turned out that the dirt had dried out.  Seriously dry.  The dirt has now been in water for 12+ hours and there are still a ton of lumps.  I just figured I'd add water and it would turn into mud.  It makes me understand (a bit) what issues areas with severe drought might be facing.

This afternoon Joshua and I went to Kids' Food basket to pack sack dinners for kids that are food insecure (they often don't know where the next meal is coming from).  Joshua did an awesome job.  He was done by the end of the hour, but he packed for most of the time.  He was in charge of the treat (fig bar) for most of the time, and he took his job very seriously.  I was very proud of him.

Isaac was disappointed to have to write his first name again as homework.  Those a's...they're getting better but still need improvement.

No comments: