Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Monday: pumpkins

Isaac got a pumpkin during his field trip earlier this month and was desperate to turn it into a jack-o-lantern.  So we finally did that today.

We almost stalled out when he realized what pumpkin guts feel like.  However, he had a rather small hole in the top and I couldn't get my hand in very well.  So he had to choose cutting a bigger hole in the top and using toothpicks or doing it himself.  He chose to do it himself, but he didn't enjoy it.


Joshua was initially excited, but lost interest after he couldn't use the knife and didn't want to feel pumpkin guts.  I was going to give him a few options for faces, but he chose the first.
 (There's a sticker on his forehead.)

Isaac got his done.  Not completely on his own, but he did do a lot. (I cut the face)

Since carving pumpkins isn't one of my most do activities in a year, I had completely neglected getting lights for the inside.  I scrounged around the house and found two LED lights, one too big and one too small.  The big one got traded a lot.




No comments: