Saturday, June 30, 2018

Florida vacation

Last weekend I went to Florida with Cheryl, Jamie, and Allison.  It was a lovely time!

The first day we went to Fort Myer's Beach.  Being the off season, nothing was very busy was was very nice.  I had an umbrella, and stayed under it most of the time.  With a nice breeze it was lovely on the beach!


And the water was perfect!  I do find that I get cold so fast in water often, but apparently the water temp was about 84 deg. and I felt comfortable in it the whole time we were in the water.  Of course, this is also the time I got a sunburn too.  It looked so pink because I'm so white, but it didn't feel too bad most of the time.

The next day we went by boat to Captiva.

We ate lunch at the Bubble room, which usually has the best desserts ever.  One that we got was a dud though...chocolate mint cherry cheesecake.  There was something wrong with it.  The orange crunch and red velvet were delicious as always though!

The sand was super hot.  We quickly went in the water, which was slightly cooler than the day before but still nice and warm.  I took a little walk down the beach and by the time I got back everyone was ready to go.  (Did I mention the sand was really hot and our umbrella was rather small?)

Unfortunately, sort of, only one engine would start for our trip home.  This means that we crawled along at a slow pace, but it was rather lovely.  There were no kids that were getting bored, there were clouds so we weren't too hot, and a little breeze.  We also had some dolphins jumping behind us for a bit!


That night after dinner I convinced Jamie and Allison to come on a walk around the loop with me.  The night before I had taken a walk and it had been lovely.  This night, though, was definitely a mistake.  We went right as the sun was setting and the flies were out!  We'd walk a few steps and then suddenly spasm as a fly bit us or flew by our heads.  (While not fun, it was hilarious to watch.)  I went around a second time...by that time it was dark and the flies were all gone.



The next day we had a lovely brunch and relaxed by the pool until it was time to come home.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Looks like a great trip! I can't believe the water was that warm! And those dolphins look like an amazing sight!!!