Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday: busy day #2

They're busy days, and we have another tomorrow, but not *too* busy.  Just busier than normal...and that might be a good thing.

Today started with a hike at some nearby trails.  The hike was going to go for an hour (as timed by a normal walker) and I was a bit afraid my children wouldn't keep up.  Since we had swimming lessons, we decided to cut back a bit earlier.

And we got so lost.  Not lost like, "I'm not sure I'll ever see civilization again" or even, "I'm not sure we'll make it to swimming lessons," but lost like, "we've seen this sign twice" and "this path wasn't on the map" and "how did we go north when we wanted to go south?"  The boys did super well though, and it really ended up being the amount of time that I wanted to go for a hike.


Next was swimming lessons and they did well.  I was a bit worried that they'd be tired out, but they seemed pretty normal.  Joshua tried some goggles.  I don't know if he liked them or not, but he wore them the whole time.

The last item of the day, after screen time and rest time, was another dentist appointment for Isaac.  This time they had to numb his mouth.  Joshua slept through the whole thing and Isaac fell asleep on the way home.  I let Isaac sleep a bit as I figured it would be an easier way to get the mouth numbing out of the way.  He was rather groggy when he woke up, but slowly snapped out of it.  (Slowly snapped?  I'm not sure those should go together.)

No comments: