Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday: a busy day

We started the day out by picking strawberries.  Joshua didn't pick many, but was somewhat content to follow Isaac around.  They didn't really understand the "pick in one place" concept, but since they weren't picking many berries at all I didn't worry about it too much.


We got the zimm-zamm out for the first time.  Nathan and I played this a ton growing up, and I thought Isaac might like it after tetherball the other day.  Isaac did ok, Joshua liked it when I was helping him, and the string kept wrapping around the pole.  I found another piece that wasn't part of the instructions and am wondering if that will help a bit.  Anyway, for the present time it wasn't as exciting as I remember it being, but I have hopes for the future.


The boys then started swimming lessons.  Isaac said it was his favorite part of the day.  I thought the instructors were very good, although both boys got very cold.  Ben saw the pictures and realized that he had spent hours and hours at the same pool.


Then we made strawberry jam with my aunt.  I'm a bit afraid that one of the batches isn't going to set.  So then comes the difficult question - try to make it reset or use it as a topping for ice cream and such?

After dinner Isaac and I went back to the bike shop.  Isaac was not thrilled about having a pedal bike.  Not thrilled at all.  He did managed to get three rotations of the pedals (or maybe 1.5 rotations...I'm not sure how I was counting now) which was a huge improvement and we were at least able to end the night on a high note.

No comments: