Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday: Q's Race to the Top

Joshua and I got home from dropping off Isaac and decided to play a 'box game.'  (As in, a game in a box vs. a game with imagination.  Box games are my preferred game.)  He got out Q's Race to the top, which is not my favorite game.  He insisted though, and so we played.

However, it didn't end up being so bad.  That's because neither of us played by the rules.  For that matter, we didn't even play by the same rules as each other.  Joshua picked a card color, rolled the die, and then went that many colors up (like candy land).  I rolled the die and then took a card of the matching color I landed on.  We never looked at the other side of the card.


The game was over in about five minutes.  Joshua won, not surprisingly, but I was pretty close.

1 comment:

Heather D. said...

Doug would like your rules better, too. He calls that the lying game because it encourages white lies to spare feelings. 😆