Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday: Nemo

Nemo with Nemos.

We had a bit of a meltdown this afternoon.  I wanted him to clean up a bit.  I told him what to clean up.  I would even tell him the exact thing to clean up, but he "couldn't."  So he cried in his room.  Then he complained that his throat hurt because it was too loud.

Then he threw some water.  (This is his normal operating procedure.)  Throwing isn't allowed, so time out was initiated.  He opened and slammed some drawers.  (I'll admit though, it was a rather weak slam.)  He wouldn't go to the time out spot so I picked him up and he hit me.  This is a first time for that.  They were weak hits as hits go, but I had to use the "let's go talk to Dad" threat.  I've never threatened to go that route before but I didn't really know what to do.  Luckily, the threat worked.

Ten minutes later he finally started work and finished before too long.  The tantrum was way longer than the cleaning, but I'm sure that was lost on Joshua.

No comments: