Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday: shredded paper and a cloud factory

I finally figured out that I was allowed to recycle the box of shredded paper that has been patiently sitting in our basement if it was in brown bags.  We've been getting a lot of bags from the grocery store, so one of Joshua's chores was to transfer it. 


It was a big messier than I expected.  Not to fear, life skills are here!  Joshua's life skill today was to use the broom and dust pan to sweep it up.  He didn't do a great job, but it's better than it was.  He also seemed to be enjoying it and said, "We should make another mess so I can sweep it up!"  I'll admit though, this is the fun kind of mess to sweep because it is so obvious that you've cleaned.

We decided to feed this paper to the worms.  Instead of giving them each half the bag we collected, Joshua gave them both about 10 bits.  He was very worried about the worms escaping too.

Isaac wasn't completely feeling school today, so while he still had to do a few things I also gave him a Lego challenge of building a cloud factory.  (The cloud factory was given to us by one of our librarians.  She's been wonderful.  Not only has she made us a bunch of reading lists, but when I mentioned I was having a hard time doing my own searches for on-line books she sent me a nicely detailed way of doing it.  I haven't quite gotten the hang of figuring out appropriate books for the boys, and it's hard not being able to page through the book to see how many pictures there are.)

No comments: