Thursday, May 21, 2020

Wednesday: goal failed

My goal was to wear pajama pants for the entire lock-down.  Today I failed and wore jeans the whole day. 

You see, I was actually supposed to see people today.  I gave blood in the morning.  It went so much faster than last time and I was back home within an hour.

I was also supposed to see the sprinkler people to get the sprinklers started.  (Yes, we know how to start the sprinklers.  But there are always several that need to be fixed and replaced and we just don't want to deal with that.)  Well, I've been unimpressed with these people so far.  It took them three tries to get to our house last year, and they usually didn't call to reschedule.  Let alone call to say they weren't coming.  They called this year and I called back to schedule.  They weren't available, so I left a message to call me.  They didn't.  When I called them later they said that they had got the message...

Anyway, after this long rant you won't be surprised to learn that they didn't show up nor did they call.  It turns out that Cheryl had the time slot before us, and it seems as though they got to her house very late.  Maybe when they were done they thought, "Oh, we just finished Hilldore.  We're all set."?  But at the same time, if you're running really late and suddenly you're not running late shouldn't that be a red flag that something is wrong?  Or the fact that you have two Hilldore's on your list?  Or two different addresses?  Or did something get mixed up on the scheduling side?

It doesn't matter.  I'm done with them.  Showing up to appointments 25% of the time and not communicating just doesn't do it for me.

No comments: