Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bonus: on why our sons are crying

Ah, just to keep it real.  And because I find myself with a little bit of extra time.

Yesterday afternoon we cleaned up the basement.  I asked Joshua to walk instead of roll while doing it and he refused.  blah blah blah we eventually had a conversation.
A: Do you know why you lost screen time?
J: because my legs wouldn't work.
A: no.  Two seconds after I told you that you lost screen time you ran up the stairs
J: but my legs weren't working!

Last night Joshua came into the office:
J: next chore?
A: what's in your mouth?
J: nothing.
A: ...what's in your mouth?
J: nothing
A: come here
Joshua takes out a magnetic marble and stick.
A: what did you do wrong?
J: something I can't remember but was funny
A: no, the problem is that you lied.  There need to be consequences for that.  

This morning we told the boys they had to go to Larry and Cheryl's for a while.  There were a few questions about screen time and breakfast and a few minutes later I hear Isaac crying in the basement.
A: what's wrong?
I: I'm going to be apart from Tornado.
A: what? really?  Well, you can spend some time with him right now.
a few minutes later Isaac is crying on the couch
A: what's up?
I: Tornado kept leaving me!

Isaac and Tornado were reunited this evening.  Isaac said he didn't miss Tornado too much.



No comments: