Friday, October 15, 2021

Friday: no school

The boys had the day off of school today.

We started the day by watching the Wizard of Oz (while taking apart Lego sets).  We recently read the book, so I thought it would be a fun activity to see how the movie is different.  They mentioned several things during the movie, but then they mentioned things throughout the day too.  So it was interesting to see how they were thinking about it.  Isaac said he liked the book better.  Joshua wasn't really sure; I think we wanted to like the movie better, but the book had some things he liked too.

Then Joshua had made a festival out of Lego.  It's the same fishing over the banister and ring toss that we did not that long ago, although the drinks and fishing poles were made out of Lego.  I thought I was going to have to be the fish, but instead I got to fish and do the ring toss!  He even used candy from his treat box so I didn't need to supply that either.  It was pretty fun, and he seemed quite proud of himself to help me have fun instead of work.



After rest time we quickly went to the library and then to a playground.  Isaac tried to climb on top of everything!  We left just before it started raining...about two hours earlier than expected.

Lastly, Joshua finally lost his other front tooth!  He's at the extra cute tooth spot right now.



No comments: