Monday, October 18, 2021

Monday: O:CtH - filing cabinet

Today I finished the filing cabinet!

I know, it really isn't that big of a deal.  But I bet I got rid of at least two feet worth of paperwork.  I sorted paperwork.  Everything is now in its correct place.

The top drawer now* looks like this.  It was so stuffed that you could barely get anything in it.

I recycled a lot of statements, bills, and other non-important items from years 1998-2012.  It was actually a little sad.  We've gone through several credit cards and banks that I had completely forgotten about.  I had forgotten that we got postcard bills from Hanbury Sanitation in NY.  

I did figure out where I got my filing system from though, as the file folders Mom made for me looked quite similar to my current ones.  She even stapled like-documents together for easy recycling.


Next I think I'll clean under my desk because there's a bit more sorting of stuff that needs to be done.  Then maybe start at the top and slowly work downwards?  Stay tuned...it won't be that exciting.

*I did add some folders to it that really belong in the top drawer but had been moved down to drawer two for space reasons.  So it doesn't look quite that empty any more.

No comments: