Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tuesday: boring day

Today was a boring day.  I've known it was coming for a while and was rather dreading it.  It did have some interesting moments though...

*Boring: I gave a test in class.  It only took about half the class period, but I was on top of all the other work that I normally do while students take a test.

*Weird: both my officemate and I managed to do some class prep and then forget to post it to moodle.  His was a big deal but he had enough time to run home and get it.  Mine wasn't a big deal so I just posted it for next semester

*Cool: the professor after me was talking to me about excel and assorted issues with different versions and one of my old students came into his class.  I don't remember her name, but I recognized her.  Anyway, she said that she was using excel all the time...for her internship, for her classes, and helping her friend out.  "You told us we'd use this information in our internship and sure enough, you were right!"  It was a great compliment.

*Boring: Isaac has piano lessons.  It's about 20 minutes between school pick-up and the lesson, so we do homework in the car.  Then Joshua and I wait for Isaac.  I usually fall asleep.

*Boring: we needed to bring Isaac to another appointment.  Luckily, Ben was able to pick Isaac up so Joshua and I didn't have to stay the whole time.

*Normal: I also went to karate.  Since Ben picked up Isaac I was able to eat dinner ahead of time at home, which I wasn't sure was going to happen.  I was almost out of the house for 11 hours today, which hasn't happened (on a non-vacation day) in forever.

No comments: