Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thursday: traffic

Ugh, the traffic.

They've been doing construction on a road since...March or so...and it finally hit a busy intersection.  It's been a little annoying before, but for the last three weeks a major intersection that leads to the south side of Holland has been closed.  It isn't the intersection itself though, so while very annoying as long as I remember it the detour isn't too bad.

Fast forward to something this week when they decided to close a close-by intersection too in order to work on the railroad tracks.  Now they've closed a north-south road and an east-west road: my normal route and my secondary route.  This has caused traffic to become insane.  Last week I was trying to cross back to the north side of Holland and it was bad but the traffic was moving.  Today I tried and it took me forever to go a short block.  Google said it would take me 20 minutes to get home (instead of a normal five minutes) but I didn't believe it.  So I went the extra-long way around because there are only two real options to go between the north and south sides of Holland due to a lake.  There was still a busy stretch, but we were at least moving.  It took me 20 minutes to get home (so 30 all told).  I still think it was the correct choice, but I really hope they open up the railroad tracks soon.

No comments: