Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Wednesday: a full day

Today was a busy day!  It started with a haircut.  I finally donated my hair.  I had heard of a place in Holland that is taking donations to make local wigs.  She talked quite a bit about the process.  The wigs will cost about the same amount in the end, but the people making the wigs should get a living wage (appx $20-25/hr), although she's paying by the inch.  It's something they can do from home for just a few hours a day.  Also, the people that get the wigs can be sure the hair is ethically donated...there are some shady practices within the hair industry.  She's hoping my hair can make a whole wig and I might even get to see a picture.


I did a very fast grocery store run.  We really needed a few things that included a pillow and rainbow shorbet.  Joshua wanted to share a special treat that his class made.

Then I went on a walk with Cheryl...it was a beautiful day.

I looked at Isaac's planner today (as it needs to be signed every day).  Imagine my confusion when I read they were learning about grate planes in social studies.



This evening we had GEMS and cadets at church.  Dad joined Isaac and Joshua in fishing at the pond.  Joshua caught two small fish.  I'm teaching 4th grade girls this year.  The first time went well.


No comments: