Saturday, June 3, 2023

Memorial Day Weekend

It's taken me a while to get this posted, but I did want to briefly remember the weekend.

The weather was lovely.  Cool, but not cold, in the mornings and it warmed up to a pleasant/hot temp in the afternoons.  The normal crew was all there, including several people that we only see on Memorial Day weekend.  Joshua's friend's family also joined us this year!  They weren't quite attached at the hip, but they did spend quite a bit of time together.

The kids did the fun run in the morning.

Sunday we normally play a family game and frisbee golf, but Ben wasn't feeling well at all.  He actually ended up going home Sunday afternoon.  He didn't want to, but he was dragging.  The kids didn't handle this as well as I was expecting, but they got over it with minimal tears.

Monday I finally got the camera out since I realized I hadn't taken any pictures yet.  We took a peaceful walk on the beach in the morning.

We took pictures on the rock, which is apparently a tradition.



I pushed them on the merry-go-round a little bit.  The merry-go-round would out of order last year and there was much discussion prior to the trip as to whether or not it would be back.  The boys spent hours on it.  Joshua's poor legs are all bruised from it too.


I made the kids help me more with packing up this year.  Last year I volunteered to do all of it, and that was a mistake.  It just takes a little bit too long.  This year the kids helped pack up our stuff within the camper.  Isaac put packed everything into the car.  (This was in part possible because we had put some stuff into Ben's car, so my car wasn't quite as full.)  Isaac also helped to wash down the floor as I was vacuuming.  I was so excited at the end; Isaac had been so helpful and it went so much faster this year.

No comments: