Saturday, June 17, 2023

Saturday: the curse

Today we had to leave.  The trip was so much fun and went by so quickly.  I was up way to early; I always am nervous of flying days.  We decided to leave at 8 and were out of the driveway at 7:58.  Ben and Isaac took a quick swim before we left and realized they were also swimming with a snake!  They saved it.

The trip to the airport was fine.  I4 has been quite backed up for us during our travels, but we were in a different section at a different time today.  We did a reserve an appointment to get through security and that was pretty slick.  (We would have been fine without it, but it was one less thing to worry about.)

We got to the gate and proceeded to have lunch at 9:30am.  It was supposed to be a second breakfast but it ended up being lunch and the boys found this rather funny in the end.  So...we were waiting for the plane and wondering if it would actually be on time when it was delayed 20 minutes.  Ok, Ben's flying curse kicked in but 20 minutes isn't a big deal and we had a non-stop flight.  Then there was lightning.  Again.  We boarded pretty late, but I wasn't really watching the time.  Maybe 45 minutes late?  Then another storm segment came through, and then we had to wait for the other 20 planes to go that were ahead of us.  I was dozing in and out at this point, but we ended up getting in 2.5hours late.  Annoying, yes.  But at least it wasn't stressful.  We didn't have a connection, we didn't have any super important plans, and we knew it was only due to weather.

We finally got home around 5:15pm, only having a small snack or two after second breakfast.  (We did pick up food on the way home, so we could eat right away.)

I was honestly rather done that that point.  I putzed through the suitcases and dealt with some clothes.  The kids were finally settled and so I went in the basement for some alone time.  

Isaac: I'm cold.
Amanda: We're at home.  You can figure it out.
Isaac: but then I'll be hot.
Amanda: eye roll

And now I'm about to go to bed super early.  I can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments: