Sunday, July 16, 2023

Saturday: favorite animals

 Joshua: what is your third favorite animal?

Amanda: My third?  What is my second?

Joshua: polar bear.

Amanda, surprised: oh [I thought that was my first].  What is my first?

Joshua: cat

Amanda: fair enough.

Amanda: ok, my third.  Hmm, well, that's not something I've thought about before.  Cardinal.

Joshua: what is your forth favorite?

Amanda: oh, we're doing this.  Uh, jelly fish.

Joshua: fifth?

Amanda: Really?

Amanda: well, let's see.  I've done a mammal, and bird, and a fish...ish.  I should do an insect.

Joshua: or an amphibian

Amanda: yeah.  Well, let's go with water strider.

Joshua: what's your favorite amphibian?

Amanda: the geckos we see in Florida.


And with that I have a fifth favorite animal and probably will never be able to change it.


Also, I found out my sink is magnetic!  I was thrilled.  And a bit sad, as I feel like there were so many waterfall science things I could have done with small children.   I might have Joshua do them anyway.  Eleven years without realizing my sink was magnetic.  I feel like I should do something else amazing with this.




No comments: