Thursday, July 13, 2023

vacation Thursday: picture day


Welcome to Thursday!  I don't think anyone actually played Scrabble, but everyone nicely kept the themed words going throughout the week.

Since it was a low-key day, it was pancake breakfast morning.  We went all out and pretty much gave the kids sugar topped with pancakes.  It's vacation after all.


I didn't take any pictures of the normal bedrooms, so this will have to do.  Having so many bedrooms was wonderful.  The kids could sleep in the fun rooms, and every family still got two rooms.  In our case the kids kept their stuff in the second room and Isaac showered there, but every family had some nice flexibility to do what they desired.
                             
The Legos came out mid-morning.

Ben slowly attracted more and more kids.


Meanwhile, Joshua was working on making a castle in the foam pit.



More children came, so more LEGOS came out and Ben had to move.

Then he caught an adult and all but one of the kids.

Ok, so he was the distraction while pictures were getting set up.  I like the picture, but wish I had been sitting up a bit more.

The kids, again in age order.  They figure it out pretty quickly.

The mad kids.

Everybody!

Everybody being crazy.

Traps.  There is always time for traps.  I'll trap in a dress.  (Although I do have shorts on.  I found some with a pocket for my phone.)

I really trapped him.


...although it appears that I lost a sock.

Joshua finished his castle.


The ladies went out for lunch.
                                                   


Then to a chocolate museum.  Some history of chocolate, some chocolate sculptures, and a tasting.  




The chocolate tasting was really good.  I ended up getting some for Ben for Father's day: some dark blackberry and some dark spice.

Our tickets also included fondue.  I shared with Katy and it worked out well because she didn't like the bananas and I don't love marshmallows.

It was also Katy's birthday!  While we were gone the guys picked up the cakes, decorated, and the kids swam in the pool.  



I finally got on the ninja course.

...and off it.

We tried getting dropping pictures of the kids; it worked for some.


This hop had some weird name, but I was able to do it.

Meanwhile, Ben and Katy went to Disney Springs so that Katy could get Gideon's cookies.  Since it is often a long wait, they could also go to the Lego store.  Well, it turned out that there was only a 15 minute wait for the cookies, which is unheard of.  I was expecting they'd be gone most of the evening, but they were back within a reasonable time.  And the pick-a-brick wall had a bunch of pieces that we don't have in cool colors, so that was exciting.  It's a good thing that I brough a chip suitcase, because we definitely needed it on the way home for Legos.

I played with the kids in the pool again.  Probably mern-urp, which is me pretending to be a shark.



Cookies came back in time for the kids to enjoy some.

And Ben pointed out all the cool pieces he found.

After the kids were in bed we played Decrypto.  I like the game.  It's similar to code-names with some twists.  We were still able to have some 'girl clues' to the chagrin of the guys.



No comments: