Friday, June 28, 2024

Thursday: TreeRunner, Fiber, Craig's Cruisers

It was a busy, but wonderful day!

It started out with TreeRunner, a ropes and zipline course, for Ben, Isaac, and me.  Joshua said he didn't want to go at Christmas time but was hemming and hawing yesterday.  I looked up the ages and he wasn't old enough for the harder courses, so we all used that as an excuse for him to not go.  In hindsight, I think it was the correct decision.  Even if we had waited until the end of the summer when he could have gone on a third tier course with parents, he would have struggled.  (For perspective, we only went as high as the third tier courses.  There were some large steps.)  He will enjoy it more in a few years.

Anyway, I only embarrassed myself once by forgetting to put the zip trolley on the line.  I was just so used to doing the click-click of the safety loops that I forgot to add the trolley on the first zip line.  The staff member was more than happy to come get me though; I think it was a nice excuse to actually do something.

The zip lines were probably the best part.  The second tier obstacles were probably my second favorite part.  They tended to be interesting and challenging without actually being hard...except that the safety cable was often exactly where I needed my center of mass to be.  The third tier obstacles were mostly interesting, although there were a few that I would have been ok skipping.

Anyway, it was a lovely morning for the three of us doing something rather different that normal.  Ben hurt a lot afterwards, but we were expecting that.

We got home and found the fiber people had ended up digging a hole in our yard.  They're laying fiber down for internet, and so there have been lots of flags all over the neighborhood.  I was hoping that they'd be able to ignore our yard for the most part, but that was not the case.  It was pretty much what I was expecting even.  So we had a reasonable sized hole when we went to take our nap, but when I woke up there was a ton of machinery in the yard and they were drilling a hole (I think).  So much for being ignored.

Lastly, we went to Craig's Cruisers for Cheryl's birthday.  It was a lovely time.  I played a few arcade games, but air hockey with the kids was my favorite.  Everyone did a round of go-karts (and it was just us, which was fun).  Joshua did the bouncy thing while everyone else started mini-golf.  We joined them before too long and took charge of the scorecards.  I was going to give Joshua my second attraction ticket because I knew mini-golf was going to take a while, but he ended up having a really good time being scorekeeper for the kids so we just stayed with it and brought the second attraction home.








I was exhausted.

No comments: