Monday, July 15, 2024

Weekend: date weekend

Dad and Pat took the boys up to the cottage this weekend and they had a great time.



Ben and I spent the weekend at a B&B in Grandville.  Sure, it's not very far away, but if we stay at home I tend to putz around with chores.  I usually relax plenty too, but it's a different mindset when I'm away from home.

The B&B (PraireSide Inn, or something like that) was lovely.  There were lots of thoughtful touches that made the place especially lovely.  The only downside(s) were that our breakfasts, brought to us in our rooms, were on the smaller side.  It was probably the right portion size, but I was hoping for a slightly larger breakfast.  

We did a lot of reading.  Our room was especially cold the first evening we got there, so we went out by the mini pool.  The hydrangeas smelled amazing.





Saturday we finally made it to Bricks and Minifigs in Grand Rapids.  It was a great store!  As expected, there was a pick-a-brick table and we probably spent at least an hour looking through the pieces finding good ones.  The thrill of the hunt was so fun!  I went around the table about three times, and on the third time I was still finding cool pieces that I had missed earlier.

We had Indian buffet for lunch.  We don't have it very often because there isn't one in Holland and it's a bit on the spicy side for me.  But we both found items that we enjoyed and tried several new things too.



No comments: