Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thursday: busy day

 Thursdays will be our busy day.  The other days all of have aspect of busy, but Thursday is the day I have extra help sessions and in the evening we're all going in different directions.  (However, I did make all my appointments today!  On time without reminders even.)

And so we finally reached 8pm and time for books.  I did fine with the prayer and the Bible reading and then started reading our story book...and also falling asleep.  There were a few words that I stretched out a lot, but then the kids would start laughing at me and I'd wake up.  I could tell the whole thing was a bit rough...normally I read a few words ahead to help with context and voice and whatnot, but tonight that wasn't working.  I was reading one word at a time and it was not going well.  

It's been a while since I've read out loud and fallen asleep, but there were a few times when the kids were so small that it happened.  I always felt bad about it because I love to read, but sitting down, snuggling with warm bodies on not quite enough sleep just did me in.

No comments: