Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuesday: in the kitchen

 We had about an hour between getting home from school and going to rock climbing.  I had to get dinner ready.  The kids were trying to eat a filling snack and were blocking the way out of the kitchen.  So I sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor.  It hadn't really been a long day, but I talked more than normal during classes.  Isaac joined me, because when you do something funny he joins in.  So then Joshua joined in, because now sitting on the kitchen floor is cool.  Joshua was trying to stop eating the peanuts and having a hard time...he would have just one more.  I'm not really sure what we talked about, but it was the best part of my day.


There was a new 5.9 route up at rock climbing that I got on my second try, but boy was I tired afterwards!  I sat for several minutes, being happy that I made it.  About 2/3 of the way up I thought about quitting, but the next foot placement was solid enough to keep going.

Tomorrow I'm working on the normal Wednesday things, but also trying to get as many things off my to-do list as possible.  I've prioritized them by estimated length of time instead of importance like normal.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love that you sat on the floor together!