Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday: and here we go again

Today they announced some significant company reorganization, and with that came the announcement of more layoffs. Oh joy. We don't know how many, although we do know the number will be announced early January. There could also be some relocations for people as some of the business may be moving to different locations.

It's really hard to put into words how I'm feeling. I'm frustrated because I want to feel settled. I'm annoyed that I will have to listen to people talk about it for the next 2-3 months, even though no one knows anything. I'm sad that people will have to leave. I'm happy we didn't buy a car. I'm afraid that Ben and/or I will get laid off. I'm wondering why I worry more about selling the house than leaving friends (although I think it is because selling the house would be more stressful).

And above all I'm trying to trust God that he will take care of us, like he always has.

4 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Hang in there. These are tough times. I have the two of you in my prayers.

Cheryl said...

Glad that you are trusting God even when it's difficult. We are praying too.

Aventure canadienne said...

Move is was tremendously hard for Aaron and I. But God is so GOOD!! All the time!

You will be in our prayers often. May God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Definitely a stressful time and we will pray it all works out with lots of grace and peace for you. We hope you will feel settled, regardless of what comes your way.

Aaron