Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday: a busy non-busy day

This morning started out with lazing around in bed and doing some kitty fishing with our robe ties. Mine won! I caught a kitty.

I made a small amount spice tea with lemonade instead of tang just to try it. However, I haven't tried it yet.

I went to a friend's surprise party tonight. I only knew a few people, but it was still fun. The food was good. They had a party game called "party playoff" which was a pretty good party game. The rules were easy, it was easy to get people involved, there wasn't a lot of waiting. However, there was one bracket that was People. As you all may or may not know, I don't know a lot of famous people...I know who they are in movies, but their names are just not something that sticks. Everyone was debating whether mud wrestling or Kevin Bacon would be a better topic of conversation and how it was obviously Kevin Bacon because everyone knew him and he had a game after him. Jess and I were laughing in the corner at how we had no idea who he was, but how he might make a good conversation topic because the other person could tell us all about him. A little later the conversation (not part of the game anymore...mud wrestling won) they were talking about Ug boots. I looked over to Jess so we could again bond in having no idea what they were.

Here's Kevin. While he does look familar, I can't tell you anything about him off the top of my head.


Here are the boots. They look really familiar; I might have gotten a pair for Christmas. But mine are black. They're nice and warm and tall so snow doesn't get inside, but I would have to agree with the conversation...they are not appropriate for a wood shop.

4 comments:

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Hehe. I don't much about anything either. I would have been in the corner with you and Jess.

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

oh man - i love kevin bacon. don't ask me why, i just do.

Jess said...

This post made me laugh out loud! I see the picture of Kevin Bacon and I agree that he looks familiar but I have no idea what movie he's been in. (I am pretty sure he is an actor). It is also very funny that you didn't know what Ug boots were but that you owned a pair - hilarious! Did you ever look up the other people, chachi or something like that?

Amanda said...

No, although if I had thought about it I might have. However, I can't remember their names either.