Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday: look alikes

For month of fun day two, we went to the company family picnic. The picnic really is geared towards younger children, but since it also had free food Ben and I stopped by for a bit. I also drove the helicopter simulator and managed to get myself dizzy. :)

It is a night for trying to spot people that you know. I saw a few people that I knew. I also saw my brother Nathan. You know how in crowds you often see people that look like people you know? That happens all the time to me with Nathan. Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell that it isn't him after all. But there's this one guy who flies from Detroit to GR that looks exactly like him. I've flown with him twice. And each time I see him a do a double take because I think it's Nathan...after all, he's going to GR. But there's no good reason for Nathan to be in Detroit. So I walk by a few times, casually glancing at him and trying to decide that he doesn't really look like Nathan. Then I sit somewhere where he can see me, just in case it is Nathan and he wants to notice that his sister just happens to be nearby.

It hasn't worked yet. I still haven't had a surprise sighting of Nathan. Even though we live four states away, I will keep looking.

No comments: