Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday: Twilight

I borrowed the Twilight series from Ashley on Saturday. I'm glad she made me take all four books because I'm currently half way through the second. They are so hard to put down. They read rather quickly though too.

I can completely understand why teenage girls (and even women) have gone nuts over the series. Edward seems like such a great guy. I don't quite understand Bella's obsession with becoming a vampire though. I guess I understand that she doesn't ever what to leave him or grow old, but the thought of being pretty much immortal would be enough to make me choose to not become a vampire. The thought of having to wake up and get out of bed every day without ceasing is not a pleasant thought.

In other news, Ben and I both have sore backs from racquetball. I made applesauce tonight and my apple corer-peeler-cutter made the whole process go much, much faster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So team Edward or team Jacob?

--Dusty

Amanda said...

Well, I recently learned that there are teams for the two guys. I guess Edward because she seems to love him more, but if it changes I wouldn't be upset.

betsy said...

I just finally read all 4 of those books myself... my thoughts were almost exactly the same as yours in this post. I'll be interested to hear what you think after you finish them - and if you decide to watch the movies! (I haven't yet)