Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday: Christmas cards

Every year I think about sending out Christmas cards around Christmas time. Well, maybe not cards but those cool photo cards. I love getting them from people, so why shouldn't we send some out? Well, normally the answer is because I'm too lazy. It would mean that I would need to pick out the pictures, find addresses for people, and actually get them in the mail. The holidays are stressful enough, and so often another year passes and I haven't sent any out.

But this year I'm hoping will be different. The main reason is that Shutterfly is giving away 50 free photo cards, and it seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Of course, then I'll need to figure out out 49 closest friends and family. (Let's have a vote! Will we easily come up with 49 close friends and family or will the last few be only semi-close friends and family?? Forty-nine is a lot of family units.)

I feel like I'm back at school; I'm at 172 of 200 required words. By the end of this we will easily hit the 200 mark. Tell you about my favorite Christmas cards? Check (second sentence) (but really my favorite Christmas cards are the ones I receive.) (Hint, hint.) Include three links to my favorite Shutterfly products? Almost check...

1. I like the collage Christmas photos that have at least a little bit of room for a note on them:

2) The unexpected photo card that comes in the mail:

and 3) coasters! Who doesn't need more coasters?
If you're interested, fill out the form here by December 10th.

Thank you for helping me get free stuff. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very confused. Do you get the Christmas cards by plugging them on the blog, or do we actively need to do something to help?

-Dusty

Anonymous said...

I just ordered my Christmas cards from Shutterfly. Have done them that way the past two years and even did it for valentine's day on year. I love it. :)

---Ashley

Amanda said...

I get the cards just for plugging them. You just need to read it. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, in that case. Done!

-Dusty

Amanda said...

Oh Dusty, you're such a nice friend, helping me out like this. :)

Anonymous said...

Just jockeying to make the top 49 :P

Jamie said...

I filled out the form a couple days ago and haven't heard anything back from them. How long did it take them to send you something about what to do?

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Well, I read your nice sales pitch for Shutterfly! I have used Shutterfly for years and have ordered many, many cards from them.

This year I wrote a Christmas letter. It is the first one in five years. But I included a couple of pictures in the letter. And it's a very short letter. I really don't like those letters that go on and on and on . . . Kind of like this comment!

Amanda said...

Jamie- I tried it on Friday and got an error message (something about googledocs couldn't process the request). Is there any chance you tried while it was down and didn't notice the error? It looks a lot like the 'ok' message.

I did it on Saturday and got the response late Monday.