Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday: a laugh

Scene: Amanda is going around the house, trying to find the right sized box for a present.

Amanda (to herself): hmm, I thought these boxes would be larger. Oh, this box by Ben's drum stuff might work. It's a little big. I'll keep looking but might come get it.

Amanda (to Ben): I'm looking for a box for this present. I think the box on your desk is too small. The one by the drums might work.

Ben: well, I'm not really ready to get rid of that box yet.

Amanda: ok, I'll see if I can find something else.

Ben and Amanda have lunch. They finish lunch.

Ben: Did you find a box?

Amanda: Yes.

Ben: oh, that's good. Did you notice that I still had stuff in that box? (or something like that...I don't remember the exact words)

Amanda: light goes off. That's my Christmas present! You hid it with all the other boxes that came with the drums! That was super sneaky. I thought something might be in it when I nudged it with my toe but didn't think twice about it.

No comments: