Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday: coats

As you may or may not know, I'm not a huge fan of coats. I understand that they are very important for keeping me warm and so I wear them, but I don't want to. I haven't pin-pointed the exact reason. Sometimes I think it is because I feel so bulky in mine, but that would be a very easy fix...there are lots of non-bulky coats. Maybe I don't like the texture. Maybe I don't like the hassle that comes with having to take it on and off and remember it. Or maybe I just don't like coats.

Anyway, there is a reason to all of this. I was at Kohl's today, spending the last of my birthday money, and saw a sign that said "sweater-coats". I briefly looked, but continued on my way. After finding another grey sweatshirt to replace my beloved one that is dying, I thought I'd look again...it obviously won't work if I need to be in the cold for any amount of time, but for dashing between buildings a sweater-coat would be perfect! And Ben won't be able to tease me about it not really being a coat because the sign said that it was. The only problem is that it doesn't have pockets, but I'll work around that problem. (It does have a hood.)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice!! I don't like coats either so I know what you are talking about!!

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I understand your pain. But "sweater-coats" might be a nice work around. Looks nice too. :-)