Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday: a story from Monday

Well, this story happened on Monday but I can tell it today because it was about exercising and we exercised today. I don't like trying to spell exercising. It always comes out wrong (and I've tried writing it three times and they've all come out differently).

Anyway....

I was biking along, probably about 15 minutes through my workout when I take a break from reading my book and put my hands on the automatic heart beat reader.

I wait a moment.

I'm at 88 bpm
87
86
85. Hmm, this is odd. It seems to low.

Wait, it's changing again!

188
187
186. Hmm. That's rather high.

Wait, it's changing again!

122. Well, that seems more normal but by this time I don't trust it. To have a different of 100 bpm with no significant change in activity level must mean it isn't getting a good reading.

So I go back to reading.

(Did you like that juxtaposition? I just realized it was a rather boring story and needed to do something so it would have a cool ending.)

1 comment:

The Accidental Boilermaker said...

never trust those HR readers on exercise machines, i don't think they're ever right