Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thursday: this and that

We varied our routine slightly today, but not by much. :)

After breakfast we got boogie boards and rode the waves into shore. I'm pretty sure that I don't know what I'm doing, but they made nice floaty things. The few times I let myself go all the way to the beach I got super sandy. Oh well...the boards were still fun.

We had lunch at the CNC again. I had pizza for the first time there and it was really good. Most of the food there has been good. Then nap time and Dominion.

The girls went to check out some "street vendors" that were set up by the shops. I ended up with a blue necklace. I've been thinking that I need a new one for a while now, so the timing was good. The guy said $35. I said $10. The guy said $25 and then quickly saw I was going to walk away so said $15. I said I don't want it for that, he so he said fine. $10. I don't think it is a steal, but I do think it is a fair price. And it is really pretty.

Some pool time followed. There were more jumping pictures.

Then we went back to the steakhouse. They sat us pretty quickly, but that is about were the service stopped. We had one menu ( which was fine because we had plenty of time to pass it around). We had to wait a little bit for drinks, but one of the waiters noticed fairly quickly and got them promptly. I asked for two rounds of bread before they took our order...we probably sat there for about 45 minutes by the time we ordered. I'll grant you that there were two large parties in the me area, but still...

After dinner we went to a room and hung out for a while as it was the last night we would all be here. I found out that Im not the only one that doesn't wear makeup, which was an awesome find. The night was fun and a little sad.

I apparently didn't take many pictures today. We're all going to share photos, so sometimes I just wasn't the one taking them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The guy said $25 and then quickly saw I Wasserstein going to walk away so said $15"

What were you typing this on that got Wasserstein (a german word) instead of "was"?

-Dusty

Amanda said...

Auto-correct hates me. And that isn't even a word I've ever written before.