Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tuesday: more fun in the shade

My day today was rather similar to yesterday's. I spent the morning on the beach in the shade reading ( although I didn't go in the ocean). Some people got kayaks for a little bit. I thought it would have been fun to kayak to the Eye of Saroun, who was also here on vacation, with his sunglass, but due to the reef they couldn't do that.
(To see the Eye well, you need to enlarge the picture)

But it does mean that they paddled past me so I got to see them. Then three of the five and Katy walked by on the beach. Hmmm. Why didn't they stop? Then three different people and Katy walked the other way on the beach. Hmm...that probably isn't good. It turned out Dusty and Laura's kayak had a leak in the bouanancy part of the boat and it flipped and was just a pain to deal with. So while it is almost a fun story now, everyone was exhausted when they got back to me because they had either paddled a sinking boat or walked the beach a gazzilion times.

lunch was hot. It was then that I realized that I probably should have gone in the ocean, although it was nice to be dry for most of the morning. We all went and took naps (yay a/c) and played Dominion before adventuring out again.

We adventured in the pool.

The Italian restaurant was very good, but I ordered the ravioli and got five raviolis. I'm happy with small portion sizes, but that was a little bit too small. nicely, Ben gave me some of his dinner too.

And this evening Laura sang Karoke and did a pretty good job...definitely better than the guy before her. While we were waiting we played pool and ping pong. It was rather dark and the ping pong ball was the same color as the walls, which made it rather hard to play.

No comments: