Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday: groceries

I went grocery shopping today.  I was super excited to finally find boneless, skinless, and trimmed chicken.  I know it costs more, but it is one of the things I'm willing to splurge on.  Especially since it is hard to trim chicken with Isaac around...starting and stopping takes a little bit of effort.

But then we ran into some disappointments.  They are still out of canned mango juice.  I'm pretty sure that some restaurant comes early in the day and buys out the entire stock, because I've only seen an empty shelf for the last two months.  And the Indian sauce that we use with chicken is gone...there isn't even a spot for that.

I got some new grocery bags as the ones we have are starting to wear out.  I was promptly disappointed when the cashier put one layer of cans in the first bag and moved to the second bag.  I thought maybe she'd wait to put some light things in it, but I had to prompt her to get the rice cakes in it.  I use the bags in a large part so that they can be filled to the brim.  I arrange my groceries on the conveyor belt to optimize their use.  It annoys me when cashiers ignore my system, although they probably have a system that they think works better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pet peeve is when a store is out of something, but they fill in the empty spot on the shelf with more of an adjacent item. I understand the psychology of not wanting to have an empty space, but sometimes when I dig far enough back, I find what should have been front and center in the first place. I would rather see the empty spot and move on to the next item on my list.

Trader Joe's has been out of their amazing balsamic glaze for two months and it's making me feel stabby. : /

Annette B.